Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Killer Inside Me by Jim Thompson

     A while back I picked up The Library of America's Crime Novels: American Noir of the 1930s and 40s in order to read Cain's The Postman Always Rings Twice.  It included five other novels, and I enjoyed reading them in between other books that I was reading.  So I've recently purchased Crime Novels:  American Noir of the 1950s, and this book, The Killer Inside Me, is the first that I've read. 
     Apparently some folks have made it into a movie that is coming out on June 8th.  Casey Affleck will play the main character, Lou Ford, and I think that that should be pretty good casting.  He was pretty creepy as the coward Robert Ford. 
     This book, The Killer Inside Me, was so-so, but the author did a good job of writing-in a shady, mysterious past for the main character.  Pick it up if you want an easy and enjoyable read, but there are a lot of better books out there.
     It gets 4 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment